2021 High School and Middle School Edition
For web-based instruction in a non-classroom setting, we are pleased to offer a comprehensive Sexual Health Education curriculum. Positive Prevention PLUS is excited to announce the release of our 2021 High School and Middle School Independent Study curriculum. The new edition includes 14 self-guided, narrated lessons and interactive activities. ALL aligned with the California Healthy Youth Act and National Health Education Standards.
How It Works
Our subscription-based curriculum will make it easy for schools to sign up and give their Independent Study students access to the lessons and materials they need to succeed.
- Visit our secure online store, select the number of student licenses needed, and checkout using Purchase Order, Check or Credit Card.
- We will configure your account and send a welcome email with your login credentials (to the email used during the checkout process) within 1-2 business days.
- To complete each Lesson, Students watch a Lesson Video, complete the corresponding PDF worksheets, and submit to their teacher.
Featuring interactive HTML5 video lessons and responsive mobile- and tablet-optimized design, our online curriculum is built with needs of today’s tech-savvy students in mind.
- High-Quality Curriculum Content – Our research-based curriculum is written by teachers, for teachers, and is in full compliance with the updated California Education Code (CHYA) and National Health Education Standards (NHES).
- Mobile and Tablet Ready – Responsive design allows students to learn wherever their lessons find them, whether at home on their laptop, at a coffee shop on their tablet or waiting for the bus on their smartphone.
- Interactive Video Lessons – Lessons are created as Interactive HTML5 Videos, which means they work seamlessly on all devices, regardless of operating system.
- Student Workbooks – With our PDF fillable workbook that comes with each license, lesson Worksheets can be completed, saved and submitted digitally. If hard copies are preferred, they can be printed and filled out by hand. Student Workbooks can also be purchased separately via our online store.
- Always Up-to-Date – Say goodbye to curriculum updates! The minute we update a lesson, resource or worksheet, it’s in your hands, thanks to the cloud.
Getting Started: Introduction Overview
Exploring Friendships and Other Relationships
Bullying and Relationship Violence
Preventing Unplanned Pregnancies
Making Informed Decisions: Understanding the Safe Surrender Law
Gender and Sexual Orientation
HIV and AIDS Epidemic
Preventing Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Risk Recognition and Risk Reduction
Media and Peer Pressure
Accessing Community Services