2019 High School and Middle School Edition
For web-based instruction in a non-classroom setting, we are pleased to offer a comprehensive Sexual Health Education curriculum. Positive Prevention PLUS is excited to announce the release of our 2019 High School and Middle School Independent Study curriculum. The new edition includes 14 self-guided, narrated and interactive lessons ALL aligned with the California Healthy Youth Act and California and National Health Education Standards.
How It Works
Our subscription-based curriculum will make it easy for schools to sign up and give their Independent Study students access to the lessons and materials they need to succeed.
- Visit our secure online store, select the number of student licenses needed, and checkout using Purchase Order, Check or Credit Card.
- We will configure your account and send a welcome email with your login credentials (to the email used during the checkout process) within 24 hours.
- To complete each Lesson, Students watch a Lesson Video, complete the corresponding PDF worksheets, and submit to their teacher.
Featuring interactive HTML5 video lessons and responsive mobile- and tablet-optimized design, our online curriculum is built with needs of today’s tech-savvy students in mind.
- High-Quality Curriculum Content – Our research-based curriculum is written by teachers, for teachers, and is in full compliance with the updated California Education Code and National Health Education Standards.
- Mobile- and Tablet-Ready – Responsive design allows students to learn wherever their lessons find them, whether at home on their laptop, at a coffee shop on their tablet or waiting for the bus on their smartphone.
- Interactive Video Lessons – Lessons are created as Interactive HTML5 Videos, which means they work seamlessly on all devices, regardless of operating system and independent of proprietary video players.
- PDF Form Lesson Worksheets – With our downloadable PDF Form Lesson Worksheets, students can complete, save and submit their lessons digitally. If hard copies are preferred, they can be printed and filled out by hand or Student Workbooks can be purchased separately via our online store.
- Cloud-based Subscription – With a Cloud-based Subscription, you (and your students) can get started as soon as you sign up and receive your account confirmation.
- Always Up-to-Date – Say goodbye to curriculum updates! The minute we update a lesson, resource or worksheet, it’s in your hands, thanks to the cloud.
Getting Started: Introduction Overview
Exploring Friendships and Other Relationships
Bullying and Relationship Violence
Preventing Unplanned Pregnancies
Making Informed Decisions: Understanding the California Safe Surrender Law
Myths and Stereotypes Regarding Persons with HIV
HIV Disease and AIDS
Preventing Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Risk Recognition and Risk Reduction
Media and Peer Pressure
Accessing Community Services