Positive Prevention PLUS reminds you that your use of this curriculum is regulated by the California Education Code, particularly the California Healthy Youth Act. Therefore:
• School districts must ensure that students in grades 7-12 receive comprehensive sexual health education and HIV/AIDS prevention education from instructors trained in the appropriate courses, which means instructors must have knowledge of the most recent medically accurate research on human sexuality, healthy relationships, pregnancy, HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. Cal Ed Code §§ 51934(a), 51931(e);
• Instruction must include information about the effectiveness and safety of all FDA-approved methods that prevent or reduce the risk of contracting HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. Cal Ed Code § 51934(a)(4);
• Teaching or promoting of religious doctrine as part of comprehensive sexual health education is prohibited. Cal Ed Code § 51933(i).
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE POSITIVE PREVENTION PLUS CURRICULUM INCLUDES:
• Duplication and distribution of this copyrighted curriculum and associated materials without prior written authorization from Positive Prevention PLUS;
• Exclusion or modification of curriculum content inconsistent with California laws and codes; and
• Use of the curriculum for personal gain such as representing oneself as an authorized Positive Prevention trainer or educator on a fee-for-service basis without authorization of Positive Prevention PLUS.
You must be logged in to view this content. You will also need the lesson slides password you received at the review meeting.
Already have an account? Log in here:
Need an account? Create one here: